For the past five or so years, I’ve been one of those people who goes to a hot yoga class once every couple of weeks. I was definitely not practicing daily or even weekly. I’d never considered doing a 30-day yoga journey. I preferred hot yoga classes because I felt like I was getting a “better” workout. But, when COVID hit and we were required to stay at home, I started looking for new ways to fill my time. Yoga became a mainstay in my morning routine.
I mentioned that I’ve done a lot of at-home workout videos over the last few months (check out my top recommendations here!), but none of them have been as beneficial for me as my 30 days of Yoga with Adrienne. In fact, I finished the 30 days a few weeks ago and have continued on my yoga journey after realizing just how positive my results were. I would truly say that it’s changed my life for the better.
If you’re here wondering whether you should try a 30-day yoga challenge, I can save you some time and give you the short answer: yes, yes, you should! But, if you’re wanting more of an explanation, let me share how yoga has benefited not only my body but also my mind.
Physical Benefits of a 30-Day Yoga Practice
I’ve always thought that yoga was a powerful workout for toning and getting that long, lean look in your body. A look that I’m always striving for. But, when I started actually focusing on the technique behind the yoga poses and practicing daily, the physical benefits really increased for me.
- Posture Improvements – By the end of the 30-day “Home” practice with Adrienne, I found that I was sitting and standing taller. I was more aware of my posture. One major reason for this was likely because my practice focused a lot on the core, which is really a starting point of all physical wellness (including posture).
- Refined Balance – Growing up, I was a soccer player and my sense of balance was incredible. I couldn’t easily be knocked off my feet by my opponent. I felt centered and could easily stand on one foot. Man, did that change as I got older. Honestly, the first few days of my practice I was constantly falling off balance and getting a bit frustrated with myself. I’m still absolutely not back to the point where I used to be, but I’ve seen great improvements in my balance and cannot wait to see continued improvements with practice.
- Increased Flexibility – Want to be able to touch your toes again? Want to stop feeling so tight in your hips? Yoga is your answer, my friend.
Mental Benefits of a 30-Day Yoga Practice
It’s always been pretty obvious to me that yoga has a lot of physical benefits. But, I never fully grasped them when I wasn’t practicing regularly. What was less obvious were the mental and emotional benefits. I’d heard people touting these perks for a while. Yeah, I might have felt temporarily calmer or happier after a yoga class, but wow, the full benefits are incredible.
My 30-day yoga journey brought me so much comfort and calm during a very tumultuous time. I chose to do my yoga videos in the morning. By doing that, found that my mind was clear and more focused throughout the day. But, one of my favorite mental benefits were the ongoing life lessons that you learn from your instructor. Adrienne is incredible at this, so I’d highly recommend her videos if you’re looking to get started.
Here are a few of my favorite lessons from Yoga with Adrienne:
- “We already possess that which our heart desires.”
- “Where attention goes, energy flows.”
- “Balance is our natural state.” Meaning that we aren’t trying to achieve some unknown form of “balance”, but instead we’re simply trying to return to our basic instincts and natural state.
- “Keep what works, let go of what doesn’t serve.”
- “Where are you working too hard?” This was a question that Adrienne often asked, but can be applied off the yoga mat as well. Don’t overexert on things that you don’t need to.
Overall, I found that my daily yoga practice allowed me to be more grateful for the big and little moments. I became more aware of my surroundings and savored all of the beauty.
Starting Your Own Daily Yoga Practice
Following along on one of Adrienne’s 30-day yoga series is a great place to start. It’s for beginners or long-time practitioners alike. You’ll learn what to focus on, have rest days and meditation, and will feel right at home.
I love that Adrienne is professional and knowledgable but also friendly and goofy. She’s incredibly zen and I strive to be more like her now that I’ve been introduced to her channel. I also love that she’s not intimidating– even her yoga clothing is cute but approachable. I noticed her wearing a lot of Adidas tanks throughout the 30 days so I couldn’t help but share a few of my favorite Adidas finds below. These pieces would be a great motivation for working out (I always find I’m more excited about a workout when I have new gear!).
Have you tried a 30-day yoga practice? I’d love to hear your experience or recommendations below! x