Let’s talk CBD. Everyone from your grandma to your bestie has probably been chatting about this supposed magical answer to so many of life’s struggles. I’m assuming you’ve noticed the buzz around CBD, but do you actually know how CBD works?
Earlier this month, I shared that I’ve been testing out some CBD skincare products. But, what you may not know is that I’ve also been trying some CBD wellness products from Receptra Naturals. Of course, you’ve probably learned by now that I like to do a bit of research before testing out a new product or trend.
I mean, if I’m going to be placing drops of this oil under my tongue and rubbing the topical treatment on my aches and pains, I want to be sure it’s not going to give me some kind of crazy side effects. Your girl is already crazy enough without having to worry about weird mental changes. So, before testing out the product (which I’ve been doing for a month now, btw), I learned about the endocannabinoid system. Sharing is caring, so here’s what I learned.
How Does CBD Work?
I briefly mentioned the endocannabinoid system in my discussion of CBD beauty, but before my recent research, I had NO idea that humans already had cannabinoids in their bodies. Like… what? I’m sure if I had been some type of biology major in college, I may have known this already. But, your average communication studies major probably has no idea.
Once I learned that the eCS (endocannabinoid system) played an important role in so many of our bodily functions, it began making sense.
Basically, the eCS maintains a sense of balance in the human body. According to UCLA Health, “the main function of the endocannabinoid system is to maintain bodily homeostasis — biological harmony in response to changes in the environment.”
Breaking it down a bit further, the eCS helps with all of the below functions:
- Bone regrowth & maintaining a healthy bone mass
- Balancing hormones to control our responses to stress
- Regulates metabolism and energy storage
- Protects the immune system
- Enhances stamina
- Shields the GI Tract from inflammation
CBD itself mimics and interacts with the natural cannabinoids already inside the body. When this happens, CBD reacts with the eCS receptors to keep us in overall good health. Staying healthy both physically and mentally is more important than ever with a pandemic underway. So, using CBD to help balance your natural systems and promote health seems like a no-brainer.
My Experience with CBD
Receptra Naturals was kind enough to send me a few products from their line of all-natural, premium tinctures, topicals, and capsules. They have several different formulas of CBD which is great for when you really want to focus on one particular area in need. These are the formulas that I tried out:
- Serious Relief – This formula is made for anyone that has pain in their body. I’ve been trying the topical stick and the flavored drops. The Serious Relief drops come in a fresh berry flavor and include full-spectrum hemp & turmeric. Throughout the spring and summer, I’ve been trying to get back into running. But, the thing that always holds me back in building up my distance/time is the pain I get in my knees and ankles. In my personal experience, the serious relief formula has been super helpful in getting rid of that pain and helping me get back on the trail/road.
- Serious Rest – If you’ve ever had trouble sleeping or feeling restless, this one’s for you! I’ve tested the vanilla mint flavored serious rest drops and man, do I sleep like a BABY when I use this oil. This tincture is a full-spectrum hemp extract combined with chamomile. I love that Receptra Natural’s products are all-natural and full-spectrum, so I don’t feel icky about putting them into my body. You can also get this formula in a capsule if you prefer that over the tincture.
- Seriously Relax – This one is for those of us who might feel a bit overwhelmed. Yep, thanks, that’s me most of the time! I tend to overthink everything and this formula is perfect for that. I’ve been trying the body oil, flavored drops, and capsules. The body oil is ideal for those days that you’re just feeling a bit tense. Ya know, those days where your jaw is clenched and you don’t even realize it? Yeah, bring on that body oil! Really, any of the products in this formula are ideal for tension and daily stresses. The Seriously Relax tincture is flavored with ginger-lime (umm, hi!) and I’m a big fan.
There’s also a serious wellness formula which is basically just the queen of all tinctures. If you’re unsure of what product is right for you, the great thing is that the Receptra Naturals team can help you make a decision!
IF YOU WANT TO TRY ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS; I’VE ASKED FOR A SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR YOU GUYS! USE CODE ‘ JESS15 ‘ FOR 15% OFF ACROSS THE SITE!
So far, I’ve been really enjoying each of these products and I can’t wait to see how they’ll continue to help me moving forward. I would highly recommend these products for anyone who might feel a little frazzled, sleep-deprived, or ache-y.
What are your thoughts on CBD? Have you tried it yet? I’d love to hear your experiences and answer any questions you might have from my trials so far! xx