As things slowly started to open back up in May, I found myself really reflecting on my time in solitude. I still haven’t really gone back to any of my normal routines – the only people I’ve seen in person now are my parents (which was so nice). I actually realized in May that there were a lot of positives to all of this time alone. This time has, in some ways, been good for me mentally. On my bank account? Not so much. In addition to lowering my income, I’ve found it so hard not to constantly shop online.
In addition to online shopping, May was full of binging on Nashville and my favorite YouTube accounts, practicing Yoga daily, and baking even more banana bread. I found some products that I absolutely loved from all of this shopping and from spending more time in my home. Check out my May favorites below – there are some seriously GOLDEN finds.
- Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask | I grabbed up this mask during the Sephora Spring Sale after eyeing it for months. I was unsure if I really wanted to buy it because I already loved the Laneige lip mask so much, but I am so glad that I got the Tatcha mask. It’s incredible – truly. Stay tuned to the blog for a comparison between the two lip masks coming in June!
- Loving Tan Deluxe Bronzing Mousse | For years, I’ve been sticking with my St. Tropez self tanner, but throughout April and May I feel like all I could see was people talking about how much they loved Loving Tan. I finally caved and bought the deluxe bronzing mousse, a deluxe tanning mitt (also AMAZING) and the face taner. I loved the color this mousse gave and felt that comparatively to other tanners, the smell isn’t bad.
- Yoga Ritual Yoga Mat Spray | Since I was practicing yoga daily, I realized that I wanted to invest in a mat spray that would leave my mat feeling fresh and clean. The price of this spray for a pack of two was very reasonable and I like the subtle clean smell.
- Red Dress Mint Sweatshirt | This set was something I lived in throughout the month. It was so cozy for lounging around at home, but also still cute and a little more pulled together than an oversized tee and baggy sweatpants. The color is also so, so pretty. I highly recommend this one.
- Red Dress Mint Sweatpants | Enough said
- Retro Sunglasses | These sunnies are so stinking cute and under $10 currently. They instantly make you look so much chicer.
- Kitsch Pillowcase | Silk pillowcases are so good for your skin and hair. I had a set of grey silk pillowcases previously, but wanted to get another set and something that went better with my bedding. I love these from Kitsch and the price is so much lower than most silk pillowcases.
- Jungalow Quilt | In the process of changing up my bedding, I scooped up this cute quilt. The color is so pretty – feminine yet earthy. I also love that it’s lightweight so in the summer I don’t get too hot while sleeping.
- Double Walled Coffee Mugs | I love the look of these double-walled coffee mugs. They’re simple and elegant but also practical. I grabbed a set of two and have been loving making cappuccinos on the weekend.
- Mini Espresso Machine | Last but certainly not least is my new little espresso machine. When I couldn’t make it to any of my favorite local coffee shops, I realized that I desperately missed my lattes and espresso drinks. They’re just such a nice treat. Since I’m currently renting and don’t have a huge kitchen, I didn’t want to get one of the bigger, more expensive machines. I found this one and have loved trying my hand at becoming a barista. So fun and honestly now I know that I’ll be saving money on coffee after this is all over, too.