It’s that time of year: Spring Cleaning! Okay; maybe it’s a bit late as we’re closer to Summer cleaning now, but… better late than never.
If you’re like me, being in quarantine has meant making a constant mess and the cleaning tasks have been never-ending. However, even with the daily tidying up and the weekly-ish cleanings, it feels so nice to really get a true deep clean in your home at least once a season.
Another thing that I’m assuming we all have in common: the love of checking things off a to-do list. So satisfying, right?
That’s exactly why I created this comprehensive spring cleaning checklist. If it all seems a bit too overwhelming, you can break down the rooms into different days and do a full week of spring cleaning. I’d recommend the following schedule:
- Monday: Bathrooms (ease into it, right?)
- Tuesday: Kitchen
- Wednesday: Den / Living Room
- Thursday: Closets & Laundry Room
- Friday: Office
- Saturday: Bedrooms
- Sunday: Outdoor Areas & Misc.
So, let’s get cleaning, shall we? Fee free to pin this checklist for later and share with others who love tidying up and having a clean house.
A few more cleaning tips:
- I love burning a candle (or twenty) while cleaning to keep the air smelling super fresh and yummy
- Listen to one of your favorite podcasts to pass the time. Plus, you’re knocking out two birds with one stone: cleaning and learning
- Invest in natural cleaning products when possible.
- Keep a stack of towels / cloths to clean with so that you aren’t wasting paper towels. When you’re done, just throw them all in the wash!
- STOP stacking random papers and mail in piles. Cleaning doesn’t mean moving junk from one place to another — slightly more organized — place. Really take the time to fully clean out a room. This is where breaking it into a full week can be helpful!
If this sounds like a little much: trust me, you’ll feel so much better once it’s all done! At the end of a long day of cleaning, reward yourself with a cocktail. You deserve it. I recommend these delicious watermelon margs.
Do you have any cleaning tips? I’d love to hear them in the comments below! x