April was a weird month. I have to say this was probably the first month in my life that I didn’t see a single friend or family member in person. With the shelter-in-place situation and living alone, I (like everyone else) had to pivot to keep up the social aspect of my life.
In April, I spent more time focusing on my mental health and learned to be happy in my own company again. I also realized how much dressing up and doing my makeup makes me happy. Even though I wasn’t out and about, I still found several favorites that really brought me joy during the month of April. Check ’em out below!
My Favorite Finds in April
- Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter | The formula of this highlighter is truly incredible. It’s so thick and creamy but it blends really well and looks natural. I love the glow that this highlighter gives. It’s easy to use with a full face of makeup or with a more natural look. Plus, a little goes a long way. I got this as a mini size in a Marc Jacobs kit I purchased from Neiman Marcus and I already know that as soon as it runs out I plan on buying the full size.
- You Are A Badass At Making Money | Jen Sincero is truly incredible. I love how this book is laid out. One of the major focuses is manifesting the good things in your life. With little worksheets/tasks at the end of each chapter, I’ve found this one to be an incredible read. I bought this book before being laid off from COVID, but I felt that it was truly perfect timing when I cracked it open. Highly recommend this one!
- IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe French Boutique Blush Brush #4 | I’m slowly working on replacing all of my makeup brushes and this was one of the first ones I replaced. I’m in love with this brush – the way it feels in your hand, the way it disperses product, and the feel of the fibers. Check out the other brushes I recently picked up in my Sephora sale post.
- Free People Sideline Footbed Sandals | These sandals are kind of that Birkenstock vibe, but much cuter, IMHO. The print is so cute and the colors are right up my alley. I would recommend maybe going up half a size – they’re wide and chunky, but they run a little short.
- ROOT Candles Oat Flower & Shea Honeycomb Candle | My incredibly kind brother and sister-in-law sent this candle to me in a care package in April and I immediately fell in love. The scent is so clean and yummy – it reminds me of the beach and a fresh shower.
- Kendra Scott Isa Ring | I purchased this as a Valentine’s Day gift for myself. I haven’t been able to take it off since and really loved having it on during quarantine. Diamonds make every day better, right?
- Fit Simplify Resistance Bands | These bands are perfect for at-home-workouts. The pack comes with five different bands so you can switch up the resistance. I’ve found them super helpful while doing workouts during quarantine.
- Milk Makeup Kush Lip Balm | I’d describe this as a very elevated burt’s bees chapstick. I love the minty scent but feel that the formula is more moisturizing and long-lasting. It’s one of the items I got in my Sephora haul and I’m loving it so far.
- Sunday Riley Luna Retinol Sleeping Night Oil | Obsessed is an understatement. Truly in love with this product. I’ve been using it for a few weeks now and can see a big difference in my skin. I’m going to keep putting it to use and will report back.
- Cupcakes & Cashmere Margot Earring | I wear these dangly little huggies almost daily. I love how they’re trendy but also unique. They’re feminine, dainty, and edgy. One of my favorites in my current jewelry collection.
What items were you loving in April? Share in the comments below and let me know what you think of my choices. x